I’m sort of hot and cold when it comes to the romance of Valentine’s Day. Bryce and I usually don’t go out on the 14th as it often feels a bit forced. Instead, we prefer to celebrate those we love at home. When the children were little, we would make Valentines for friends, bake treats and make a special dinner (even if it was just pizza shaped like a heart with pepperoni hearts). I really enjoy giving love gifts to my family and, as I’m a sucker for a theme, they are almost always heart shaped, red or pink, and about love (many years ago I gave the family a red popcorn popper for movie nights and it’s still in use!). If you are still on the hunt for a gift, here’s some ideas for those you love.
- If you always want kissable lips this Rose Balm is for you. Grace got me hooked on using it and I always keep one in my pocket now.
- These lollipops are perfect for adults and children alike. After you enjoy the flavor, plant the stick and wait for plants to grow!
- How cute is this Hoya Plant in the shape of a heart?
- I love these notebooks by Appntd. I always have one going for my day to day lists and I also have a garden one for notes, sketches and ideas. They will even monogram it for you!
- Years ago, I gave this heart sponge to my children for Valentines (Rose Clay for Grace, Charcoal for Harris) and Grace continues to use one today! She loves it!
- You guys, this candle is amazing. I wouldn’t have guessed that Rose and Mint would go so beautifully together in a candle but it does. I recommend this as a treat for yourself or a dear friend!
- This spade by Sneeboer is my favorite gift for a gardener! The heart shape is darling, the quality is matchless and it’s infinitely useful!